Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Last Cake Class

Well, I'm done with my cake classes. I've opted to not take the next 2 courses because life is just too busy and I feel like I've already learned so much that I can use, but I will miss it and miss the girls I've taken them with. Here's a little sampling of the final cake we all made. (Clearly, I like daisies, or at least like making them out of frosting! I chose to not put any of my other flowers on like the others did.)Check out that basket weave! So fun!Side view. It's a basket with flowers coming out the top (in case you couldn't gather that on your own. :D)I threw the leaves on pretty quickly cuz I was out of time, so they don't look so hot, so don't look too close!My friend Melissa's cute cake.

My friend Julia's pretty cake.

My friend Kimber's darling cake (isn't her butterfly so fun?!)

My friend Isadora's lovely cake sans leaves (she hadn't put them on yet.)

12 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

was that a level 1 class? wow- i didn't learn basketweave or daisies. jealous. your cakes all look awesome.

Unknown said...

the cakes look so beautiful...and delicious! Good work!

Karene said...

This makes me want to take a cake decorating class! If only I could figure out where to fit it into the schedule...but this is inspirational. The cakes are beautiful!

Carrie said...

Wow that's very cool. I wish I had a cool skill like that. Now you can have cake all the time that not only tastes great, but looks fabulous too!

Anonymous said...

I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at those good lookin cakes!! Good job!
Bobbie Newton

Alan and Jeni said...

That is some great looking basket weave! I've always liked that technique because it looks like it would take forever! You'll have to fill me in on the process sometime. :)

Sonja said...

Gorgeous! I'm so tempted to take a class now. Great job, Becky!

Unknown said...

you are awesome! that looks so good!!

Kimber & Jeremy! said...

Hooray! What cute cakes. I loved reading about Sophie's messes. They're always cute when someone else is responsible for cleaning them up! Can I PLEASE talk you into Course 3???? Fondant and tiered cakes, we'll be such professionals! ;) We will miss you too much. I'm calling you right now. :) You are awesome. Love, K

Melissa said...

Your basket cake turned out so so cute- We miss you so much in course III- we should still get together and decorate!

Holly or James said...

I love decorated cakes. It almost makes it hard to eat them, though, doesn't it? Very good job, all of you!

Elizabeth said...

I took the same cake decorating class, and my cakes did NOT turn out like that! How did you do those cute daisies and basket weave?! I feel like I got jipped (sp?)...