Monday, September 22, 2008

Thank You, George W.!


From the moment I found out what the Economic Stimulus Package was months ago, I decided that I was going to do my patriotic part to help our economy by using that money for what it was intended for. So I determined to buy myself the nice camera that I've wanted for so long, and after some research I finally did it. Over the weekend my Digital Rebel XT arrived in the mail and made me so giddy. I started clicking away and my poor family who were here over the weekend got to be my guinea pigs. I don't know what I'm doing yet, really, but I'll learn, and I'm so excited to have it! I just love the click-click-clicking sound it makes as I snap pictures as fast as I want. Joseph's got his toy (he bought a large screen TV) and now I've got mine, so thank you George W. from us both!

6 comments:

Harrison's said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who chose to stimulate the economy! Savings schmavings right? How exciting. You'll have to let me know how you like it.

Holly or James said...

I think it's the same one I have. Is it silver too? GREAT camera I must say! You'll LOVE it!

Cranberryfries said...

That's so fun! We spent our money on our new couches. It's so fun to get a little toy every now and then!!

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME Becky! Can't wait to see the pics :)

Jeanne Lawyer said...

Congrats Becky! That is a great camera and the quality of prints you get from it is awesome. I use the d-40 canon for my photography business and I love it. You made a great choice and if you want some hints on some easy short cuts and how to use it just give me a call.

Alan and Jeni said...

I'm so glad you finally got your camera. I can't believe you held out for so long! I remember you guys talking about how you were going to spend your money ages ago. :) Way to go!