Friday, August 21, 2009

4 Years, Baby!


Joseph and I celebrated 4 years of marriage on August 18th.  We were lucky enough to have my family in town who so kindly offered to watch our kids so that we could go out together.  We definitely made the most of the afternoon.
We headed first to The Getty museum in LA.  We've been wanting to go since we moved here and enjoyed it a lot, especially the European art with its Van Gogh, Monet, Renoir, and Degas.

We saw the gardens outside first.  How can we get some bushes like this in our yard?  Oh wait, first we have to have a yard.

I'm actually not usually a huge art museum fan, but I really didn't care where we were, so long as we were together and without kids for a few hours.  (I really do love my kids, though, I promise!)

We had a great view of the city up there, though we joked that before moving here we would've thought that this was downtown LA.  It's actually not, because Joseph works downtown and this is not it, but then LA seems to have like 3 downtowns.

The LA Temple is just to the left of my head, but it's too small to see in this.

We then headed to the temple which I think is the greatest place to be together on an anniversary.  It was a great reminder of what we promised each other on the day we were married.

If traffic weren't so bad we would've eaten dinner at a normal hour, but as it was, we got stuck on the I-10 (of course) and didn't make it to The Cheesecake Factory until about 8:30.  But it was so worth the wait.

I am so lucky to be married to this man.  He makes me so happy and I feel blessed to have snagged him somehow.  We still feel like newlyweds most days, but then we look at our two girls and remember it really hasn't just been a few months.  Thanks for making these 4 years so wonderful, Babe!  I love you!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow! I can't believe it's already been so long! It's so great that you found someone who makes you SO happy! Here's to another great year of wedded bliss. :-)

Annie Leavitt said...

happy anniversary you two!!! what a fun day- i'm glad you enjoyed it to the fullest.

here's to many more : )

Emily Widdison said...

congrats! You guys are too cute!!

Alyssa said...

Hardly seems like four years have passed since we were all together for your wedding! Ahhhh....
I miss you lots and lots.

I like the Getty (considering it isn't in Europe it has a pretty good collection but the building itself and its location is worth the trip).

Hugs to you and your family!

We need another reunion, don't we?!

Brian&Pam said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe its been FOUR YEARS either! Time flies! You guys are so awesome and your little girls are beautiful (not a surprise) Sure love ya!