Monday, August 31, 2009

A Walking Machine

Avery is a walking machine now and usually doesn't even have to keep her hands raised anymore for balance.  But she still prefers to walk with things in her hands.  Usually both hands and sometimes arms are filled to capacity, and often the mouth is full as well.
She loves to bring us things, one by one, and say "thank you" as she gives it to us (I remember Sophie doing that as well) and then go back for another thing.  What a funny little girl.  She's truly so much fun and happy all the time.  I often get asked by people what happy pills I feed her because she always has a smile on her face.  It brightens up our home so much and we sure love this girl!
We love this girl, too, even when she's being silly.  Because of course, whenever we laugh at or praise something Avery's doing, Sophie has to show us that she can do it, too.  When Avery was learning to crawl, Sophie would get down and crawl and say "See how I can crawl?!" so that we'd praise her as well.  Same thing with walking.  It's not like we don't give her praise of her own, because believe me, we do plenty!  I guess it's just a normal older child thing.  So when we were taking pictures of Avery, Sophie had to go get blocks and copy her sister.  What a crazy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good and wise mom you are!
Love you!

Alyssa said...

That made me smile... and I love your photos on Tonya's blog :-) So cute!!

Alison said...

Oh my gosh! Jack does the exact same thing! Isn't it funny. I love that Avery carries things in her mouth...and I think Drew got the same "happy" pill ;) Maybe its just a second child thing (???).

Holly said...

That's so funny! I'm sure you and Melanie are going through a lot of the same things having two girls almost the exact same ages. (: Do you read her blog?