Monday, July 16, 2007

GO BUCKS!

Becky and Joseph both have a 10 year high school reunion this summer and are really starting to feel our age! :) Becky's (my) reunion was in her former hometown of Pendleton, Oregon last weekend, so I made the trip with Sophie and my mom (sadly Joseph couldn't go) to see what my classmates have been up to the past 10 years. There were many of my close friends who didn't make it (like Angi, Lacey, Jeremy, Doug, Andrea, Melissa, & Lindsay) but there were a couple of people I really wanted to see from the old "gang" who did show up, like Kim Smith and Kevin Johnson, so that was great to see them. Everyone said they thought I'd dropped off the face of the earth because when my family moved to Utah, I didn't go back to P-town very often. So it was great to get caught up on people's lives, see spouses and kids, and hear about the adventures the last 10 years have brought. I have so many great memories from life in Pendleton, especially my high school years, and it was a lot of fun to visit the town and the people there that I love.


With Kim Smith and Kevin Johnson at the dinner in the Let 'Er Buck Room (I can't believe I've been in there now! How scandalous! If you know anything about the Pendleton Round-Up you know why I say that!)

At the picnic where we all got to show off our kids. Kim has a little 4-year old named Jadyn who looks exactly like her daddy and has quite the sassy attitude! :)

I felt like we should do a classic Spellout at the end of the reunion like we used to end everything with, but we didn't. So here it is now: P-E-N-D-L-E-T-O-N! Go Bucks!

4 comments:

Erin said...

How fun! Did you guys decide if you're going to make Joseph's reunion or not? We're not going to be able to make it...I'm so sad. :(

Emily Widdison said...

I had so much fun looking at your cute pictures. Sophie is getting so big! and she is still super cute. We move back on July 27th...ready or not, here we come!

Anonymous said...

GOOOOO BUCKS!!

Aaah! Don't remind me that Peter and my reunion is soooo close. I can't believe you went into the Let'er Buck Room--That is one place to add to the list of 10,000 places to see before you die. Maybe next year!

Glad you had fun. Loved the pictures--I haven't seen them since high school.

Alison

Holly or James said...

Hey! So fun to see pix of the our old friends. I was just telling James that I probably had more friends in your class than my own. WHAT?! Melissa didn't go? That's too bad. ): Kim looks great!

How many days was your reunion? We had a get together/social in the Let'er Buck room as well for MY reunion. Good times!