Monday, August 27, 2007

Hiking the Y

We hiked the Y for FHE tonight, and it was a perfect night to do it because it had cooled down a ton by the evening so we had great hiking conditions. We got to try out our "new" hiking backpack for the first time, and Sophie loved riding on daddy's back the whole way up (what a stallion I married!) but was not very happy in it the way down because we had taken her away from the rocks and dirt she was loving playing with and wanted to go back. So we carried her down in our arms. The view was great, we got to watch the sunset on the way down, and it was a fun chance to take Sophie up Y Mountain for her very first time ever. (We're attempting to so thoroughly indoctrinate her into being a Cougar that she won't want to go anywhere else for school. :D)



I told Joseph that even if we never get our boy, we've at least already got a kid who loves to play in dirt! We'd still really like to have a boy someday, though!

4 comments:

Sonja said...

Looks like so much fun! What a wonderful family! I really enjoy reading your blog posts...Sophie is so lucky,
--Sonja

Holly or James said...

Guess what? In all those years I lived in Provo/Orem, I NEVER hiked to the "Y". I guess it's something fun to admit to when everyone else HAS hiked up to the "Y". It looks huge!!! (You and Sophie sitting on it)

Erin said...

I love that hike! I use to go every week with my sister when she lived here. I need to get back up there!

Alison said...

Wow! Sophie's hair looks so red in those pictures. She is such a doll! Would any BYU do???

Your Friend and Viking Forever,
Alison