Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Girls Camp: Treasures in Heaven

I got to go to Girls Camp this summer with our Young Women for a few days. I wish I could've spent the entire week there, but I don't think that will happen until my kids are older. Thanks to generous people who watched my kids I really only ended up missing a day and a half total, so that wasn't bad. We had such a fun time.

Here are our beautiful Young Women. All but 2 of them made it up this year. They agreed that it was the best year yet, and though I can't take any credit for that, I'm so glad they felt that way.

Here are the girls with all the leaders who got to be there the night of the testimony meeting.

Me plus 2 YW plus a few of our excellent leaders. This camp is nothing like the one I went to when I was a Young Woman. We really roughed it with tents, cooking our own food, and sometimes even digging a hole in the ground for a toilet. These girls got nice cabins, all the food was prepared for them, and there were bathrooms with showers. There's even a pool! If it weren't for the campfire each evening and the hikes and such, I'd have thought we were just at the Marriott.

These 4 convinced me to climb up this slide and join them for this picture. Can I tell you how hard it is to stay there holding on to something like that for dear life when you're 5 months pregnant? I miss having ab muscles.

This was our entire stake. Yes, we're not great in numbers but we're great in spirit. It was a wonderful week and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time. I was glad I got to be a small part of it, and for our amazing Young Women who made it so much fun.

1 comment:

The Hyer Family said...

You are born for that calling :)...sounds like a good time was had by all...and don't worry, I'm sure you'll have MANY MANY more opportunities to go to a week of girls' camp!