Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sophie's Preschool Debut

Sophie began preschool last week. I debated for a long time about what I wanted to do for it, and though I would have preferred doing a co-op with other moms, I couldn't find anyone here who wanted to do it. So we opted instead to put Sophie into a really good school right down the street a block away from us at United Methodist Preschool. Most of Sophie's friends already go there, and we've heard great things about it.

Sophie was excited to go and has been looking forward to this for several months. She couldn't wait to don her first day of school outfit and backpack and head off into this new world. It's just 3 days a week for 3 hours each day, so fortunately I still get her to myself the rest of the time.

The first day started out well with her excited about all the new things to do and play with in the room, but unfortunately it ended tearfully which left a bad taste in her mouth and has made the two days since start out poorly, too. But by the end of those two days she's been all smiles again, and I think she'll be just fine. She didn't end up in a class with anyone she knew which was part of the problem, but hopefully she'll just make some new friends really soon and love it there. Avery misses her when she's gone because they're basically attached at the hip, but I've enjoyed having some one on one time with her for the first time in her little life. Little does she know that it won't last too long with her lil' bro joining us in just 2 months, but we're just going to enjoy this time while we have it.

1 comment:

Margie and Steve said...

I don't know how it is that a redhead can look so great in pink, but Sophie DOES! That is an absolutely darling dress on her. I hope yesterday went okay for her, back at school after missing a couple of days.