Tuesday, July 01, 2008

We Made It!

Our baby can safely come now that it's July. We are officially insured as of today and I can stop worrying that I'm going to go into premature labor and that we'll have a $7000 baby. Silly, I know, but I've been counting down the months, then weeks, then days, and yesterday I even counted down the hours until it was safe for me to go into labor. Not that I'm doing that, but now I could and it would be okay. :)

Here is a picture we took a few weeks ago on Father's Day before church. Sophie's finally allowing me to put her hair in pigtails, not that it stays that way very long (like they come out on the ride to church--dang fine hair!) but at least she looks more presentable for a minute or two each day.

10 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

you were right to worry,but now you can relax! oh and fyi, our premature was a little bit closer to 60,000 dollars than seven : ). can't wait to hear the good news!

Tash said...

Thank goodness for health insurance! I love your family picture, and you look great. Thanks for calling yesterday. It made my day! Good luck on Friday.

Cranberryfries said...

Yahoo you made it into July. Can you believe what just a few days would cost? Wow!

I know what mean about the fine hair thing too. My girls both have super fine hair and it's so hard for their clips and ponytails to stay in their hair. Someday I'll find a good solution. :)

Alan and Jeni said...

Hooray! Insurance is a wonderful thing.

And the family picture is so cute. I still can't believe you are this close to your due date and look so great. :)

Good luck Friday! I can't wait to hear how Sophie reacts to the new baby.

meli said...

Good luck Becky Sue! I can't wait to see your beautiful new daughter! We'll set off extra fireworks for y'all that day!

Jordan and Jandee said...

What a huge relief! I bet now that you know she can come anytime it makes you want her to get here all the more, I loved your post about "under construction," because like you I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to get any sleep for the next six weeks or so!

Emily Widdison said...

what a cute family! I can't wait! Only 8 days to go!

Jill Hunt said...

Good luck tomorrow! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I keep waiting! I'm so excited for the big update....when you feel up to it, of course :)

Candida Marie said...

know what that feels like. i had to make it to January in order for us to use the healthcare debit card we had put our labor and delivery stash on!