Monday, January 07, 2008

15 Months Update



Sophie had her 15 month doctor's appointment today, and it went well. She's finally over the 20 lb. mark and is now 30 inches long, so she's got a small body but a large head! (Her head is 90th percentile.) Since they always ask about how many words they know, I was curious and thought I'd make a list to see how many Sophie really does know. Some of these she can say perfectly, but most of the time they're just variations of the word.

Words and Phrases She Says:

mama, hot, water (wawa)
dadda, dog, flower
grandpa (bapa), duck, honey
grandma (ma), uh oh, hi
thank you, b-bye, milk
pillow (pilllllll), more, sock
balloon (ballllll), turtle, touchdown!
bottle (bollllll), banana, happy
ball (ba), baby, ready
where is it?, cheese, down
there it (he/she) is!, whee!
there, yuck, no, all gone
family's names

Animal Sounds She Knows:

dog, cat, horse
pig, owl, elephant
bear, lion, duck
cow, chicken, sheep/lamb
snake, monkey, fish
bird, giraffe

5 comments:

Poppy said...

Girls are faster than boys. Dyl can only say a fraction of Sophie's words. (like 2 or 3) I think it also helps being the 1st child. Dylan has no need to speak as yet. It would be awfully helpful, though.

Jill Hunt said...

She is such a cute and smart little girl! I can't believe all the words and sounds she knows. I agree with Poppy, girls I hear talk sooner and especially when it is your first, you can have more one on one time. So enjoy it with her because before you know it your new little one will be here and you will have to divide your time between the two of them.

Alison said...

Impressive, Sophie! What does a giraffe sound like? Just wondering. I had a first grader ask me that once and I was like, "uhh, I don't know. Let's look it up online."

She is such a cutie pie. I just love her red hair.

Let's see, Jack has been saying Mama the last couple weeks.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

Hi Becky,
I hope you don't mind my peeking in on your blog. I found it on Emily's. I am very impressed with Sophie's vocab. Sean's big thing right now is "want that" and he says it to every forbidden object in the house.

We also have a blog. Feel free to check us out at http://ourleprechauns.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

Glad we aren't the only ones with a daughter's head in the 90th percentile. although they both look normal, (ryan would say otherwise). Just hope it doesn't stay that way for them!