Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Update

As you probably saw on our sidebar, we have a graduation countdown going. We have such mixed feelings about finishing school. Joseph's really going to miss the friends he's made and he really enjoys learning and the whole school atmosphere, so he will miss all of that once he's working. And I'm going to miss all our friends in the ward and the MBASA, too! But we're also getting so excited for our move! The truck pulls out May 1st, so our days in Provo are really numbered. I think I've packed 10 boxes now, but I honestly keep looking around for more to pack and then think, "No, I'll need that before we move" so I'm finding myself way limited in what I can get done now.

This weather is about to drive me off the deep end since we can't go out in it, and we have cabin fever around here pretty bad. I know it'll get nice right when we're leaving just to spite us, but I don't care because we're going to the land of sun and sand so we'll get our fill of both before long I'm sure. We'll have about 3 weeks once we're there before Joseph has to start work, so we plan on spending our days at the pool or park, visiting Joseph's brother in Flagstaff, AZ, and going to Disneyland. Come join us if you want! We'll really only be a half hour from Disneyland so you're more than welcome to come stay with us when you go! Anyway, that's just a little update on our future plans, so we'll be busy over the next few weeks, but it'll be a really good busy.

13 comments:

Karene said...

Becky, we have annual passes to Disneyland so if you want to meet up there sometime, just let me know...it would be fun!

Anonymous said...

I know you are excited but I am one sad chica :( Is the cousin's party this Sunday or next? I think it's the third week, right?? We CAN'T miss that!!

Annie Leavitt said...

weird! i can't believe it is coming so soon. considering I just moved less than a year ago, with kids, here's some advice. 2 weeks before the move I packed our suitcases for a 1 week trip (except 2 weeks of diapers and wipes), and then did laundry and we wore the same outfits the week of moving. it worked fantastically. this way I could be free to pack whatever as we had all essentials in our bags. good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I left you a comment (about Twilight), on mine....not that it's anything you probably don't already know! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!

Jordan and Jandee said...

Becks...lets plan dinner, are you guys free next weekend? or during the week! Eeek I can't believe the big M for MOving day is so soon.

Tiff and Dan said...

I can't believe everyone is heading out so soon! I'm glad we all have blogs so we can keep in touch wherever we are! Where will you guys be living? I would love to be in southern California! Hopefully one day! All the moving stuff is so annoying! We had to ship our stuff about 3 weeks before we left and it arrives to port on Saturday and the. We still have another 10 to 15 days before we get it. Living out of suitcases is not the funnest! Great adventures though!

Elizabeth said...

We might be in Newport this summer, I'll let you know and maybe we can meet up!

Poppy said...

Where has the time gone? It's so exciting standing on the edge of tomorrow, but definitely sad to leave this all behind! I'm right there with you!

kim said...

Totally agree about this ridiculous weather--I feel like its ruining our last few weeks here!!! (Although maybe staying indoors should be more of an incentive to get packing. . .hmm. . .)

Unknown said...

That is soon! If you need a stop in Vegas you are more than welcome here!

Lacey Lichi said...

Good luck! It really is an exciting time of life. Embrace it! We are down to Cananda and Virginia. One obviously much more a land of sun and sand than the other. Time will tell. Our move date is somewhere between June and August. We like to keep on our toes!
I can't believe how big Sophie is! She is absolutely adorable. I would love to meet her someday!

Jill Hunt said...

I am so excited for you guys but so sad that you are leaving. It feels like I have made some really good friends in this ward over the year and it is hard for me to think that I will have to start over as most of them are leaving onto their new adventures. But I guess that is how it is in this ward. We plan on hopefully coming to Disneyland in the next year or so so I will definitely want to stop by and say 'hi'. I am so glad there is blogging to keep in touch. Thanks for your friendship! And I wish you the best of luck, not to mention that I am so jealous you get the beach and pool so close. How fun!!!

Alison said...

We are so excited for you (and a little jealous of your year-round sunny weather)!!! We wish you all the luck the next month as you get ready to move, the month you get to spend to together, and as Joseph starts his new job!