Thursday, December 18, 2008

First Solids!

Avery had her first solid food last week!  We started her on rice cereal just after she hit the 5 month mark which seems to be the magic age for my kids to start.  (And I wonder if it's a coincidence then that this is the age they both started sleeping through the night?  Hmmm.  It's been so nice and I love it!)
This is Avery's very first bite.  She wasn't too sure what to think about it.
It didn't take long at all to decide that she loved it!  Anything to feed the belly is gonna be a hit!
Sophie INSISTED on helping me feed her, and she's had to help every time since, too.  I managed to give Avery her very first few bites so that she didn't gag right away and have a horrible first impression, and luckily the gagging later on with her big sister's help didn't deter her from still wanting more.  Sophie's such a huge helper, though, and it's very sweet.

No comments: