Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Music to My Ears

Sophie got a tea set for Christmas and plays with it all the time.  She often invites me or Joseph to come to her tea party which, as you know if you've ever been to one, can become a leetle bit tedious after the 28th time.  So it made me love my husband all the more when I heard Sophie ask him for the umpteenth time "Daddy, would you like to have a tea party with me?" and his quick reply was "Why yes, I would like to have a tea party with you.  I'll just get us a treat and be right in."
I knew I loved Joseph for a lot of reasons when I married him, and I was sure that he would be a good father, but I had no idea how much it would melt my heart to watch my girls with their daddy.  I am so lucky.

Thanks for being a good sport and indulging your daughter in her imaginary play.  I love you two!

9 comments:

Tonya said...

cuch a classic portrait of daddy/daughter play...I love it! Priceless...definelty a image on a wedding slideshow...:) Let's not rush it though!

xoxo

Tonya

Lindsay said...

So so cute!

Emily Widdison said...

I can't wait for tea parties! Joseph, you are definitely a great dad!

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness. That is so cute I could die! Joseph really is a great daddy for doing that!

The Hyer Family said...

Ha! I just had a tea party with Lauren this afternoon outside! Girls and their tea parties...love it...so good of Joseph...

Mitch, Kristie, and family said...

So cute! Savannah would probably love it too if she had one.

Brian&Pam said...

Okay....that is just plain precious! :)

Melissa said...

Your girls are so cute-- I esspecially love the pictures of the mascara incident. And yes I am indeed jealous of your California weather.

Annie Leavitt said...

it's fun to watch isn't it? i don't know where ty gets his patience for our girls either. everyone says "you're so lucky!" but i'm like you, i knew he was like that, that's why i snagged him : )